magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

100% CPU usage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: 100% CPU usage Reply with quote

I posted a topic yesterday about the quality of sound when using magicjack. It's choppy and computer would crawl but when i hang up, it went back to normal. Desperate for answers, I checked my task manager and again, everything was normal except when I dialled through MJ, my CPU usage went to full 100%! What would be the cause? Help!
Ariesjill
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just posted question and saw this. Then, I opened my W task Mgr and dialed with my MJ to make sure it did not impact CPU usage in this system.

1) Is this new MJ installation? Meaning, did it once work normally and suddenly yr chip started stressing-cycling like mad?

2) Can U pls share yr system's specs: PSU speed, installed ram, perhaps PSU wattage?
2a) Are U running XP?

3) Is yr system fully patched and with good protection apps? Is it clean??????

4) Have you run a Hijack This scan?

5) Which firewall are U using?

6) Can U make a screenshot of runnig processes in W task Mgr when this is manifesting, save it in jpg format and upload it here?
6) When will Pandas get less cute?? Kidding.

Jill
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran this test http://myspeed.visualware.com/voip/ as suggested by booyah5 posted at my other post. The result is good. Everything is normal before and after using mj which is 1%-4%. CPU usage jumped up to 100% during mj call.

Here are my answers:
1) This is my first VOIP. New. Received it yesterday.

2) Windows XP upgraded to SP3, AMP Sempron Processor 3400+, 2.01 GHz, 1.5GB of RAM, 90GB free space in my hard drive, and I'm connected at Comcast Cable using Motorola SB5120. I even changed ports and phones are new (Uniden EXP4540 and corded GE 29585FE1).

3) I do not know if the system is fully patch. Yes, it is clean. I just ran Sophos antivirus and no virus detected.

4) I do not know about hijack scan.

5) Using Windows firewall or windows defender.

6) I'll try the screenshot.

HELP!
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi agiaN,

First....not to panic. It's life....life is troubleshooting. But not always, lol

Appears yr specs are OK, so that's good. Also appears U have good coaxial broadband, so that's MORE GOOD!

By fully patched, I mean is yr system on auto updates from Microsoft? Or do you visit them on Tuesdays and see if there are any new ones you need? These are important. Unfortunately.

I assume the scan you ran also addresses spyware, yes?

Next, have you seen OR FELT & then checked and seen 100% CPU usage at any other time?

I will paste a link to HJT. It's very good to have, tho sometimes takes experts to iinterpret scan results/logs. but U might get it, run it and just see if, at the top of the results list there are any "BHOs" If so, pls report. Remove NOTHING.
http://majorgeeks.com/HijackThis_d3155.html

And if I may recommend a very good free app which addresses spyware and has real time protection:
http://www.spywareterminator.com/

Would not hurt at all if you downloaded, installed, configured and ran it.

So far, sounds like some kinda software conflict.....but not sure.
Wink
Relax.>...right foot, left foot. It's just Matrix Misery is all. Wink Pretend U r Keanu Reeves.
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS....just for the hell of it, pls download this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

If we need more info....It will show us precisely which dlls or terrorists or aliens Wink are eating up yr processor when U engage yr MJ. Read the introduction.

PPS. another thing I recommend and which U will use forever which might help if this is reg related is CCleaner. One of the best freewares on the planet. Pls download it and run both the junk files cleanup and the "Issues" reg cleaning module. It is safe to use.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

After installing the new antispy and runnning a scan, and CCleaner as well,I would then reboot and see if things normalize.
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Jill,

Thank you for the replies. I downloaded and checked every one of them the link you gave me. I'm glad most of the errors were removed. I rebooted my pc then tried mj. Unfortunately, when using mj it went to 100% CPU usage again. I hear echoes bouncing everywhere and sounds like talking under the water. Without mj, CPU usage is back to normal from 0%-4%. I'm so desperate here trying to figure out what cause to this problem. I downloaded skype 2 years ago, tried it for only probably 2minutes and same thing with mj that it would crawl and choppy echoes everywhere. I thought there was a virus so I deleted it right away. It might be adjusting the configurations of VOIP but I do not know how.
HELP!
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well appreciate yr trying....plus, the apps you now have will serve U well when we get this fixed.

Interesting U mentioned the other VOIP having same impact. I have seen things about this o the net which may be the same things impacting yr MJ...and will now find and paste.....causee MJ is incredible in many ways, one of them being it uses almost no resources.

I thikn we need ot make sure yr sound card is properly selected in Control Panel.....but hold on, I will return.

Please try below:
Turn off Windows XP speech recognition feature.
The speech recognition engine kicks in when you begin a call and can cause your CPU to run at 100%.

Turn off the speech recognition by opening the Control Panel and selecting
Regional and Language Options. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages,
click Details. Under Installed services, click Voice Recognition under the language you are using,
and then click Remove.
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I is again....floundering.

Now, go to Control Panel and hit Sounds & Audio devices icon. Make sure yr default device is yr soundcard and not the MJ TigerJet USB thingy. As example, I will upload a screenie of mine with relevant part expanded. A pic is worth a thousand ./.....well, U know.

Note; I configure XP Pro to my liking including oclors so this will look unfamiliar. Hey, it's worth a try.
OK wait....where is the upload attahchments thingy?????? Did it die? I see button which might let me use Photobucket. Let me do that.
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jill, i don't have a laptop. My pc is emachines T3410. Under my INSTALLED SERVICES, it has EN English (United States) -- Keyboard -- US. There is no Voice Recognition. HELP!
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK first...Yr system is running xP, yes? the voice recognition would be in the operating system.....as an option. If it is on it might interfere or cause conflicts with yr MJ software.

Now, let me see if this works: No.....it din. work.

Last edited by Ariesjill on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariesjill wrote:
Here I is again....floundering.

Now, go to Control Panel and hit Sounds & Audio devices icon. Make sure yr default device is yr soundcard and not the MJ TigerJet USB thingy. As example, I will upload a screenie of mine with relevant part expanded. A pic is worth a thousand ./.....well, U know.

Note; I configure XP Pro to my liking including oclors so this will look unfamiliar. Hey, it's worth a try.
OK wait....where is the upload attahchments thingy?????? Did it die? I see button which might let me use Photobucket. Let me do that.

Hi Jill, I'm using Realtek AC97 Audio for Sound Playback, Sound Recording, Voice Playback, and Voice Recording. My MIDI music playback default device is Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth. It's not improving. HELP!
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...now, is this Global Warming? No. Is this PMS? No. So chill. Now, again, if your emachine is runing XP.....please again try to follow the steps to see if voice recognition is on or off. Focus....use the right tabs......this is not the Nuclear Winter. Or even summer, OK?

Then, open W Task Mrg with phone off hook...and use running processes tab and see which process is using the most CPU energy.

Also, just to mess u up even more (lol) if U got cC cleaner....open it please and on the left where the icons are.....choose "options". then hit "startup" and tell us what is loading with Windows. Hopefully under 500 apps.
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jill, there is no voice recognition at all. It's only Keyboard and nothing to remove because remove button is disabled. Firefox is using the most CPU energy for about 79,000 K. CPU usage right now is between 1%-5%. I hit the Startup under Tools and there are only 18 applications running. It's still the same. HELP! I don't have PMS (thank God). Probably not in 15 or 20 years.
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, that was cute. Now...remember. U R a fierce Diva. Not a victim.

Now, again, if yu did ot, please download cCcleaner and use the tools>startup module to tell us what loads with Windows in yr system.

Next....FX is my default browser as well......but perhaps there is some conflict in yr system, who knows? Assuming given we all need it to easily get patches.....please change yr default browser to Internet Explore. then reboot and see what happens.

Please relax......make this a little adventure! It ain no test of your fablousness.....trust me, babe.
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here it goes:

ctfmon.exe
Yahoo! Pager
DW6
cdloader
SunKistEM
nwiz
NvMediaCenter
SpywareTerminator
Soundman
Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk
Adobe Gamma.lnk
AutoUpdate Monitor.lnk

I disabled some. I changed to IE as my default browser but it is still the same. Do you think it's my sound card or hardware problem? I used yahoo IM all the time - it sounds ok though. Jill, your expertise means a lot to me!
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puhleeeeaze....I read the word expertise and I drank whole mug of Hemlock. In this, I thimk I am over my paygrade.
....and someone with far more expertise in this should weigh in!!!

Yr startup looks OK.....not sure what U need the adobes to load on boot for.
...but hey.

When U switched to IE....U shut down FX, right?

I am sure it is not yr sound card. did U say you are runing the resident firewall in XP? And Windows defender? I despise both.....but not sure if either in this case might be the conflicting culprit. I am still convinced this is a software conflict. You said yr system was clean, after all.

I you wanna just try it.....I might download Comodo free firewall. Just before installing it disable XP version In Control PANEL....SECURITY. Comodo is a little intrusive, but I adore it and tink it is best free firewall available.

We need more full blooded geeks to leap down from above in this!!!!!!! Perhaps an official MJ genius like Richard Bone.
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Jill, i did all what you have told. And yes, i shut down firefox when i switched to IE. I tried to turn off both XP firewall and windows defender some time today but no change. Still had mj echoes and pc crawl. I have no extra knowledge on my own when it comes to fixing bugs or software conflicts. I am terribly exhausted. I've been searching for two days now trying to figure out what's wrong with my pc or my mj. Thank you Jill! If you have any other solution, pls let me know.
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have done HEROICALLY!!!!!! Now, take a break, remove yr MJ....and let us both wait for someone with tons of experience....cause turst me, U are not the oly human with this specific issue....I Gogled and see this issue with Skype users all over the net.
o
Hear the melodic progression....and trust. I mean it. tho if you have say Mars in Virgo well aspected.....you will just drive yrself nuts. Bet yr closets look like ine never will, right? lol

Relax and hold on!!!!

Jilly
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diva:

(I think someone poured molasses into this site's server.)

Just for the hell of it, pls try this:

Open Control Panel Display.
Select the Appearance tab.
Click Effects, then clear the "Use the following transition effect for menus and tooltips" check box.
Click OK to close all dialog boxes.
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diva:

I feel terrible.....I failedd U. So....I just emailed Richard Bone, who is official MJ genius & who was invalualbe in my origial misery issue......tho many dear hmans here were.

Dear, brilliant Mr. Bone,

Yes, it is I Jill again. Please do not run away, lol

I am writing out of desperation on behalf of a lovely person on the MJ site I struggled to help yesterday, but filed to diagnose problem via my troubleshooting. I feel terrible for her.....forget I failed her.

With both Skype formerly, and now MJ......when she picks up phone her CPU cycles at 100%. I tried to rule out the obvious.....kinda still think it is software conflict, but not sure.
Given you are man of not just genius....but also leisure (lol!~!!!!!! Not)....if U might:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/100-cpu-usage-t2535.html

I just sense this is simple.....the issue....but I just do not know enuff to diagnose.....so it just eludes me.

Bless U for anything U might contribute,

Jill in Manhattan who could not luv her MJ more than she does.
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diva!!!!!

The remarkable, genius and kind Richard Bone responded to my mail on yr behaltf. I will now paste it here.

Hi Jill,

Please have her try the following to see if it helps, if it does not have her change it back to the original settings.

Right click on "my computer" then select "Properties".

Click the "Advanced Tab"

You will see a something called "Performance" click on the "Settings" button there.

Now click the "Advanced" Tab in there as well.

Now you will see something called "Processor Scheduling". There check the round button called "Background Services"

Now click "Apply" and then "OK"

Click "OK" again.

Now restart your magicJack and try a couple of calls to see if the quality improves.

Sincerely,

Richard

magicJack Tech Support

Pls report back when U try this!!!!!!!!!
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jill,

I tried that one too but it didn't help. After all the late night sleep trying to figure out what's going on, I think the problem could be my sound card? I have Realtek AC97 ALC655 32bit. Realtek has high definition codec that has advanced setting like echo cancellation, etc.. It can be installed if sound card is windows xp pro 64bit and vista. My sound manager effect doesn't have that advanced setting even I updated it.
Hey, thanks for the update Jill! I hope you have any ideas on sound cards. Is it possible to have two sound cards, one is on board and the other one is external? I'm not really sure if the sound card is the problem but still I won't give up searching for answers.
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey!

I regret the Richard Bone fix din work. Re sound card.....sure, most commercial rigs have integrated and sometimes people add their own. I am no kinda expert in soundcards......but I seriously doubt this is causing yr CPU to cycle at 100% when U engage a VOIP phone.......I will dig more.

I am not clear on the 32-bit vs 64 re this soundcard. My chip in this go to system will allow either......but no way would I ever load XP Pro 64 bit....I think it is like VISTA.....A SCAM. Plus....I do not wanna spend my life looking for drivers. Does this make me an ingrate? No.

Agian, if you look in SOUNDS IN Control Panel.....AND you SEE MORE THAN ONE SOUND CARD....you could select another one and see wut the result of this might B. I mean it would not hurt anything and you could always restore yr current one as yr default. sometimes instincts are excellent......so follow yours.

I suggest U download copy of Astra 32. the free version never expires. It is lovely and will tell U everything about yr system in simple format which will not make yr head explode. It will also tell you.....tho in very rudimentary ways.....the state of yr software. Also pls check wut temp yr HDD is running at. Astra will tell U......check it when the system has been up for a while. I am curious.

I will get a link. I got a link: http://www.astra32.com/download.htm

Run it and click around usiing left menu expansions. Also, I assume U looked in Device manager to see if any YELLOW is there. Also, I assume yr have check yr devices to make sure they all have the latest drivers.

Also, I assume you are running only one firewall and one antivirus.

I respect yr tenacity.....I really do. I also identify with it.

I think we should turn this over to Law and Order CI. Vince Do'Nofrio could troublshoot this in a nano. Laughing
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afterquestion:

Do I assume correctly that your OS is XP Pro 32-bit platform???????????? Astra will confirm. I mean, given yr specs....if yr OS came with the system....I doubt yr chip would support 64-bit. Did it? Come with the system? Restore disk OEM? Or did you load a retail copy?

I don get why this alien soundcard---if there is one... needs 64 bit drivers. Pls check those drivers.....let the wizard see if there are any better ones. Wizard Shmizard. Know wut I mean? lol

Let us get more data on yr sound card or cards. I mean gamers always spend obscene money for high end video cards.....which often their PSUs can't support but they don think about that .....PSU hugely important---I have integrated everything in this system....but added stuff and installed Antec 430W PSU.....how anyone does't get the importance of those I do not know......but soundcards??????? Question

So maybe yr instincts should be honored.

I did text Vince.....so there is hope. It's a joke, OK?
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PPS.....to get back to an earlier suggestion, pls read this:

http://forum.skype.com/lofiversion/index.php/t47297.html

Now, I clearly recall uploading images here.. I see insert image button in toolbar, so I must figure out how to use it to do this.....cause no way is my version of Pro diff from yrs, right?....SO I wanna upload this screenie for you to try this again.

[img][/img]

A miracle. It worked. Note: I configure everyhting in XP as I want it.....so things will look unfamiliar. Pay no attention.
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jill,
I only have one sound card in my system, realtek. Is it possible to get another software? Like, a realtek and something else? And choose between the two? I have windows XP home edition. The image you sent was deleted. Ok, i'll try the astra and will let you know the result.
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jill,
My windows xp home edition has been included when I purchased my computer. It's a legal copy. Thanks for astra. I updated some of my hardwares but what does the red X means and says Not supported? Do I have to worry about it? Does it mean that I have to configure it out until it's checked?
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

I see re the image. I have no clue. I had no doubt yr OS was legit.

Really.....it again doesn't sound as if yr integrated sound card is the problem.

Most if not all of the not supported items you see in Astra are normal for yr system, unless smeting strikes you as relevant.

I fear I am outta ideas. But again, just curious, run Astra;, in the left vertical menu, check USB devices, expand it. U should see yr Tiger Jet MJ there. Next, got to bottom of this menu and expand "Diagnostics.' choosing HDD.....pls see at wut temp yr HDD is running and share this. Temp will be in celciOus.

Next, click on the option below this, "software" See if Astra finds anything wrong with anything in the main widow.

Also, is yr system on auto updates re Microsoft? If not, do you visit them on Tuesdays to see if there are critical updates U need? I would visit them now, via start.W update. Let them validate yr OS. See if you are fully patched re express updates. then, if you are, do this over and choose "custom' ot express. Look to the left where you will see what they offer re yr system apart form critical hotfixes. Look thru these. Longshot....but maybe you are, issing some driver update, etc. which might help.

Also U can see every single hotfix installed in yr system via ASTRA.

Make sure, at mS updates, you don get anyhting U don't want, i.e., W Media Player 11 or IE7 if you hate these.

Also, have you visited emachines site, keyed in yr model number and checked if they have any updated anything there? I am even thinking bios updates.....tho flashing bios must be needed....it's not soemthing we do for like LEISURE.. Astra will tell U which bios version you currently have.

This is waaaaaaay frustrating.

Please know I am only oing more floundering. Impossible for me to believe you are the only MJ owner having this issue!!!! Again what anti virus do you run?
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is "diagnostics"? Inside Tiger Jet Network Internet Phone are USB device 2, Driver, Interface 1, Driver, Interface 2, Driver, Interface 3, Interface 4, Interface 5, Driver, Interface 6, and Interface 7.
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Astra interface open.....focus on left vertical menu. Diagnostics is second option from bottom. Expand that by clicking on the +.
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I saw it. It's 41C (106F). HDD Status is Good. It didn't find anything wrong. Yes, windows is on auto-update. I have to look around if anything else to be updated.
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok HDD temp OK. . Did U use the Software diagnostics option in Astra? Did you look in Device Manager to see if anything is shown yellow? Or hail fellow? Or mellow? Are there insects living in yr case? I am loosing it.

If U are on auto updates (I would rather eat worms)....this would mean you have SP3, yes? Only wut.....a thousand hotfixes so far for XP? Whole company should be fired, OK? Just wait till they try to stop supporting XP. They will need land mines around company headquarters.

Again I also suggest U visit emachines site....assuming one exists. Still possible this is some kinda software conflict. Again, which anti virus are you running? Did U say W Defender? (I would also rather eat worms, but we are each unique.)

I think the jilly cupboard is empty. Not that it was ever full, mind U. Sad
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O wondaful. No help AT ALL:
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/21854

Common guys....doesn't someone here have some THOUGHTS? Someone with cupboard more filled than mine?

Also less ram than U. Maybe sound card is the culprit!!!!

Last edited by Ariesjill on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No yellow question marks in the Device Manager. It's Windows XP home edition sp3. I'm running Sophos antivirus. No conflicts either. I'm so frustrated. In CPU (SMBIOS) under Processor, my Processor Family is AMD Athlon 64. Does it mean it's 64bit?
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree....this is insanity-making!

Re yr chip....yes, it appears it might be. but no problem....it would only mean, if it is, It could support 64-bit platform OS, or THINKS IT CAN. lol In this go to system, I have the Intel Presler chip (P-D 3.40)....it too supports 64 bit version of XP should someone be insane enough to go in that direction. Just my option on 32-bit versus 64.

Yr chip is not yr problem. Plus U also don have one on yr shoulder! Very Happy

How exactly do U connect to the internet?
firstVOIP
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jill,
There are downloads that has options either 32bit or 64bit and I don't know exactly which one. I just chose 32bit. It could be my soundcard doesn't support echo cancellation. Do you have any idea where to find software that supports echo cancellation that won't conflict with magicjack or other VOIP? Or do I have to just stick to realtek?
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way. I think u are verr smart and natural detective! Told ya instincts are the igher intelligence....versus cognition. Now this is what I found pre launch of (Eeeewwwwww) VISTA. Tthere are others for (Eeeeewww) VISTA. Might work with yr individual Realtk card:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/REALTEK/Realtek-ALC883-Audio-Driver-V51005296.shtml

If you do this.....and it doesn't work, you can always go back to original driver.

We will hold our breath. Kidding. I think u are doing amazingly....and I have contributed minus 4. Laughing

Apparently, this is like a problem bats have.....when their echo location thingy goes on the fritz. Open yr case and make sure there are no bats in there. Cool
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.driverfiles.net/Sound-Cards/Emachines/page,level2,568,7,resultpage1.htm
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know.....if all else fails and this puter has a PCI board with expansion slots which I am sure it does.....U could get inexpensive new soundcard for humans not dysfunctioal bats.... and just install it!

You would, of course, then have to enter yr bios and look around and disable yr onboard Realteck one.....but it's all very easy. given what U would save over time with functioning MJ.....it would be well worth it. But let's Not get ahead of ourselves.

But it was SIGNIFICANT that that guy i pasted link to who posted same issue somewhere, I Googled into, had same sound card. Might well confirm yr original take!!!!!!!!
Ariesjill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final addenda....I must soon leave building;

I looked and there are some really good no money pulls re sound blaster cards, etc. on ebay. I have had good luck there with man, many things ---also once got total lemon brand new WD HDD.....but they sent me a replacement. So if necessary consider this.

Also....unless it's too last....if U don wanna fiddle...to restore original if this or that one doesn't work.....just make new Restore Point. U could call it "Before Realtek drivers thingy" If new drivers do not fix the issue.....U could just restore yr system to this point.

HANG IN!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: