magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does SFC help your MJ Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoelIrwin
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Does SFC help your MJ Problem Reply with quote

One of the things Dell support had me do on Vista 32 yesterday (it works for XP as well) was go to a DOS command prompt, change to the '\windows\system32' folder, (make sure I had elevated/admin privileges), and type:

> SFC.EXE /SCANNOW

I should have thought of trying this before but didn't. SFC is the system file checker and its job is to insure that important system files have not been changed or corrupted. In many cases, if if it finds a problem it can use a backup copy in the DLLCACHE folder or off the original CD (hopefully you have one).

I am still having USB problems on my desktop so I don't think updating my Intel USB drivers helped but I still HAVE NOT experience any MJ problems on my desktop in almost 24 hours.

SO my question to people here is has anyone tried SFC scanning and it has NOT helped their problem or conversely, try an SFC SCANNOW and let me know if it helps you.

Its one more thing to either confirm or eliminate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: