magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ on TC Phone problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: MJ on TC Phone problem Reply with quote

I just moved my MJ from computer to Thin Client T5710. It installed OK, and functions, BUT when I make a call the answering voice comes in on the speaker in the TC and not the phone. The answering person can't hear me when I speak into the phone. The phone does produce a dial tone and I can dial from it OK, but it doesn't work otherwise, which it did from my computer. (It had previously worked from the TC ok). When I plug in earphones and mic they work fine. I have selected 'telephone' from the Menu, and not headset. Puzzled and need suggestions.
micheal
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: I had same issue Reply with quote

I had same issue with my TC.

I had been working with MJ tech support for two days, never solved it.

Somehow when people call in, I heard my TC rings, not my telephone hooked to it.

Then MJ can talk through the TC speaker , but the other end can not hear.

Do I have to configure something on TC to make it work?
manasota
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely one of two things. In the MJ menu, switch to headset is checked or the wrong driver is loaded for USB internet phone by Tigerjet. That driver is available in the support section.
PTravel
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy vey. I should start charging for this. Wink

Logged in as administrator, open up Remote Desktop Connection.

Select Options.

Select the Local Resources tab.

For "Remote computer sound," select "Leave at remote computer."

Select the General tab.

Click on Save.

Close the Remote Desktop Connection box. Commit your changes.

After the re-boot, let the MJ load. From the menu, select, Volume/Headset Control. Make sure Telephone is selected.

Close the box.

Commit the changes.

After the re-boot it should work.
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fior the info. Last week MJ would install on the TC and function except for the sound, which only came from the speakers and not the phone. After two hours with Chat now it won't install and just gets to "Getting an update" and then ends at "Broken Storage" and then MJ home page. Over and over again. When I remove the MJ from TC and plug into Vista desktop it immediately installs and works. I'll be visiting you at the TC forum for more help. It worked fine on the TC 3 weeks ago, but not so now. It will help to communicate with someone who knows what a TC is.
Popgory
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roving wrote:
Thanks fior the info. Last week MJ would install on the TC and function except for the sound, which only came from the speakers and not the phone. After two hours with Chat now it won't install and just gets to "Getting an update" and then ends at "Broken Storage" and then MJ home page. Over and over again. When I remove the MJ from TC and plug into Vista desktop it immediately installs and works. I'll be visiting you at the TC forum for more help. It worked fine on the TC 3 weeks ago, but not so now. It will help to communicate with someone who knows what a TC is.

If you haven't already; disable the EWF filter on the TC, do the update, commit then turn the EWF filter back on.
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try today.
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it isn't one thing it is another. From Control Panel to EWF Config. Double clicked it (many tries) and nothing opens. I recall it opening previously, but it won't open now. So what next?
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rebooted, and EWF Config returned and now works.
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did as suggested with the EWF, downloaded the upgrade and re-enabled the EWF.

The saga continues. I now have it at a point where the MJ phone pad appears, it contains my proper 911 address sometimes, and my contacts, but not my phone number (it did show it one time following a reboot), and then it goes through the routine of "double click here, etc" and then announces that a registration form will appear, which doesn't, then shows the MJ picture, and then it starting with the little growing bar graph, and then announces the upgrade, which starts and then gives the red Broken Storage message. Then the MJ webpage opens offering Live Help. They don't understand TC's.

I have a small MJ dial pad icon on my desktop that is a result of an MJ startup program that was installed on the TC together with a fresh copy of XPe. It will sometimes re-start MJ, then the circuit described above repeats.

Maybe this info will mean something to the experts. I hope so.
oldtimercurt
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roving,
are you by chance using the usb extension cable that comes with MJ? What you're describing sounds like intermittant connection. Those cords have been blamed for many ills.

OTC
roving
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the dongle that comes with the MJ, but the thing works perfectly on my desktop machine and not on my Thin Client. I just plugged it back into my desktop Vista comp, and it immediately starts and shows a form that says I am already registered and it asks for my email and pwd and is up and running. Puzzled. Thanks for the suggestion. Someone on this forum said that the dongle carried part of the programming and it could get corrupted and could be re-formatted. I know nothing about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: