magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help seting up thin client !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
demj1308
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Need help seting up thin client !! Reply with quote

Sorry to ask questions that may have been asked already but the one post i found was a little confusing to me..I have a hp 5730, i originally installed tiny xp on it, running tiny xp most of the time when i pick up the phone i have to wait 10 seconds to get a dial tone, so i deceided to go back to xpe image, when i try to install from usb it says "the system does not have a license for the image os", when i bought the tc there was no flash memory in it and thus no os installed. Does anyone have any ideas on the dial tone delay, if not any ideas on how to get xpe installed, Also if i plug the magicjack into my desktop it works fine without the dial tone delay.

Thanks
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size flash drive did you put in it? I've read on here that XPe will not install on anything larger than 1Gig.
demj1308
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a 2gb, i thought i had seen that the 5730 can run a 2gb flash memory, i could be wrong
demj1308
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great this is getting better as i go, now the thin client says disk read error, every time i try to re-boot, is there a way to get the XPe back on this or do i need to try to reinstall tiny xp ??, i hope the flash memory hasnt taken a crap on me.
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demj1308 wrote:
great this is getting better as i go, now the thin client says disk read error, every time i try to re-boot, is there a way to get the XPe back on this or do i need to try to reinstall tiny xp ??, i hope the flash memory hasnt taken a crap on me.

Not sure about the 2Gig thing. It may be that the 5730 can run a two gig but I'm pretty sure good old Microsoft limits XPe to a 1 gig drive. The read error doesn't sound good. Try reseating it. I've seen something that simple cure a host of problems.

In the mean time, I'm gonna go prowl around in the HP thin client site.

Update edit:
HP lists the latest rev for the 5730 to be 5.1.810.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=1809592&swItem=vc-80426-1&prodNameId=1809593&swEnvOID=1058&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

They also say "for greater flexibility, install a 2gig flash drive". That's news to me. It may still be that XPe is limited to a 1gig drive (due to microsoft restrictions) and if a 2 gig is installed, it's expected that the part of the flash drive above 1gig be partitioned into a separate logical drive, ie, drive D. But if you've reseated your flash drive and you're still getting read errors, more than likely, your flash is hosed.
demj1308
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going to open it up and see if that helps in the am, ill post back after that, thanks
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck!
demj1308
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok got motivated and opened up removed flash drive and reinstalled it, now it says non system disk, i wonder if when i tried installing xpe it removed the os i had (tiny xp) them failed to install xpe, this problem started right after i tried to install xpe, ill have to get an external cd drive and try reinstalling tiny xp, still wish i could figure out how to get xpe back on it
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demj1308 wrote:
ok got motivated and opened up removed flash drive and reinstalled it, now it says non system disk, i wonder if when i tried installing xpe it removed the os i had (tiny xp) them failed to install xpe, this problem started right after i tried to install xpe, ill have to get an external cd drive and try reinstalling tiny xp, still wish i could figure out how to get xpe back on it

Question, how is your boot order set up in your BIOS? If you haven't already done this, you need to tell it to boot off the USB first.

Just a thought......
demj1308
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sent the 2gb flash to transcend as it was under warranty, waiting to get it back then ill give the XPe a try again.
MJU4linhlilybeth
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Magicjack not detected in HP Thin Client T5720. Please help Reply with quote

I never had any problems with my previous HP T5710 or HP 5700. Recently, I switched to T5720 and configured it using the proper setting as recommended by this website. I noticed that after regular scheduled reboot, my magicjack device is not detected by T5720. To get around this, I have to manually unplug the magicjack and it will load without problem. Below is the screen shot I saw when magicjack is not detected. Please advise. Thank you for all your help. Lily.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: