magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

setup magic jack to run on neoware ca2 thin client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luv2uallday
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: setup magic jack to run on neoware ca2 thin client Reply with quote

yes, im buying a neware ca2 thin client;
specks

256mb flash mem
256 mb ddr mem
windows xpe
800 mhz cpu

I plan to run nothing else on it but my majic jack.. is it possible to run magic jack on this? and if so how do i set it up? thank you in advance
n4uoo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Me too?! Reply with quote

Please re-post if you get any input or have any advice after attempting this. I have just purchased the same model TC and would be interested in sharing notes.

On an aside - do you have a part number or general description for your power supply? The one I purchased is sans supply and I'll be needing to search for one.

Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CA2 should work fine, just upgrade the DOM to 512 and reflash. 256 memory should be fine. You could also run any flavor of XP full if you replace the DOM with a 4GB MicroDrive and not have to worry about EWF. Hope this helps...
n4uoo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: How? Reply with quote

Got the power supply. The CA2 boots fine. It was apparently prior property of Terminix (of bug fame).

1) How to log into customized XPe install as Administrator?
2) Where to get:
a) Software to connect / upgrade with?
b) XPe images (256M DOM in this case) to upload?

I don't even have privaleges to change IP address as it is currently configured to boot. It auto-boots into whatever I'm currently allowed to do.

If more personal communication is preferred please direct email to:
[email protected]

TIA for any assistance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
R0ss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: setup magic jack to run on neoware ca2 thin client Reply with quote

luv2uallday wrote:
yes, im buying a neware ca2 thin client;
specks

256mb flash mem
256 mb ddr mem
windows xpe
800 mhz cpu

I plan to run nothing else on it but my majic jack.. is it possible to run magic jack on this? and if so how do i set it up? thank you in advance

I have a Neoware E90 and it was running fine until very recently. I have been having difficulty keeping MJ up and running. DOn't know if it has anything to do with recent updates, or issues with the USB Ports.
Unfortunatly the way the Neoware is designed you can't plug the MJ dongle direclty into the Unit yo must use the USB extension.
Reading the forum I have noted tht some feel that a powered USB hub is a necesisty and others just recommending replaing the MJ supplied extension with one of good or bwetter quality.
as far as setting it up, just follow the directions in the sticky at the beginning of the forum. If yo can access windowsyou should just need to plug in you rinternet, and MJ and go to town!

Ross
R0ss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpman wrote:
The CA2 should work fine, just upgrade the DOM to 512 and reflash. 256 memory should be fine. You could also run any flavor of XP full if you replace the DOM with a 4GB MicroDrive and not have to worry about EWF. Hope this helps...

I have seen microdrives for sale on ebay. How dO I know what will work in a TC? and are they a direct replacement for the DOM?

Ross
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any MicroDrive should work but you will need a CF to IDE adapter as well. The adapters come in 40pin and 44pin versions. It depends on what IDE interface your TC has as to which one you choose. I don't have the CF adapters available, but the Hitachi 4GB MD's that I use in my TC's run under $8 on ebay and work very well for this application.
R0ss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpman wrote:
Any MicroDrive should work but you will need a CF to IDE adapter as well. The adapters come in 40pin and 44pin versions. It depends on what IDE interface your TC has as to which one you choose. I don't have the CF adapters available, but the Hitachi 4GB MD's that I use in my TC's run under $8 on ebay and work very well for this application.

thanks I guess I will need to open up the TC and take a look!

Ross
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: