magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

usb port problem-Magic Jack must be plugged into USB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
portuncia
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: usb port problem-Magic Jack must be plugged into USB Reply with quote

I plug it into my USB port and I do get the LED light on the device, then I get a message that says Magic Jack must be plugged into USB port and it loads a browser and takes me to the Magic Jack web site.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is a new MagicJack setup check USB connection,that short extension cable can sometimes be bad.

Mine had to be disconnected reconnected several times before it started working,like the cable wasn't making good connection in the first place.

Try connecting MJ directly to a USB port or use another port if you can.

Test MJ on another machine if you can.

hope this helps...
portuncia
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works on my laptop this is my desktop I am trying to install it on.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might need a powered USB2.0 hub. check machine USB power/saver settings if it has them.
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this The format part
2Jacked
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: MagicJack needs to be plugged in error message Reply with quote

I spent literally over 12 hours with magicJack's Online chat Mad , trying to remedy this problem with my 1st jack and then the replacement. If you go to Computer (Vista users), you should see 2 devices for magicJack ... a CD Drive and a Removable Device. If you don't see the CD Drive and you have been experiencing problems with your actual DVD or CD drive, then do the following:

unplug your magicJack

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461 Idea

1) Print out the instructions listed;
2) then click on the link listed in IMPORTANT for backing up and restoring the registry in Windows, and print out these instructions also;
3) Follow the instructions for 2) first;
4) Follow the instructions for 1);

After you have restarted your computer as instructed, plug in magicJack, then go to Computer (in the Start menu) and see if you now have both magicJack devices listed (as well as your DVD or CD Drives). Hopefully this will help some people. Good luck. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: